Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
Who is this course aimed at?This course is aimed at anyone involved in Positive Behaviour Support
Course AimsTo be able to identify and de-escalate behaviour of concern safely and effectively using positive behaviour support techniques.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what Positive Behaviour Support is.
- Understand what a Behaviour of Concern is.
- Be able to recognise the different types of Behaviour of Concern.
- Be able to identify common triggers.
- Be able to identify causes and underlying factors.
- Understand the difference between common triggers and causes.
- Be able to identify signs of escalation.
- Know how to assess a situation that may lead to a Behaviour of Concern.
- Understand the importance of de-escalating yourself and how this can be done.
- Understand what is meant by Positive de-escalation.
- Know where to find distraction techniques and when it is appropriate to use them.
- Be able to read body language.
- Understand how to use your listening skills.
- Understand the importance and what is required in a handover.
Course available as
Course Length: 45 Mins
For more information, or to book any of our courses, please contact us on 01706 375578